“Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.”--Jesus (MSG)

Renovation of the Heart by Dallas Willard is absolutely mind-blowing and offers the solution to society's and individual ills--transformation of messed up and broken hearts and spirits (just look around you and within, where you'll find abounding rejection, attacks, withdrawals and defensiveness). Remedy awaits! It involves renovating, by God's grace and ever-present help, the whole self--thoughts, feelings, body, soul--the works! My intention is to share highlights that will, if seriously pursued, result in a restful spirit, undisturbed by any circumstance, as one loosens his or her tight grip on control of one's life and trying to run the world "my way," which ends in disaster anyway!
            Highlights compiled by Dave Harris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Replacing/transforming our destructive ideas & images

Distorted images of God

Retaking our toxic thought life